Saturday, July 29, 2006

Dear Canada: The Death of My Country by Maxine Trottier

Dear Canada: The Death of My Country by Maxine Trottier is a young adult novel describing the fall of new France. I inadvertently picked this thing up when I went slightly nuts in the Canadian War Museum, bookstore. It actually is quite good for what it is. If it gets youth interested in history that's a good thing.

There don't seem to be any copies of it available through ABE as I'm writing this but if you have an account you can set up a want for the book.

1 comment:

Amby said...

For what it's worth all the books in the Dear Canada series are relatively decent... being they were written for youth. Very educational and... well fun. I managed to read through the entire series last summer with my little sister.