Wednesday, December 17, 2008

How to Profit From the Coming Rapture: Getting Ahead When You're Left Behind by Steve and Evie Levy

How to Profit From the Coming Rapture: Getting Ahead When You're Left Behind by Steve and Evie Levy let's get one thing out of the way first I don't really talk about my religious beliefs on here but I am a Christian. That being said I do find George Carlin and Bill Hicks funny so take of that what you will. This purports to be an investment guide for the rapture. It manages to skewer both fundamentalist religion and investing books. The humor is laugh out loud funny like when trying to disentangle some of the more obscure sections of Revelations. Some of the business ideas are also hilarious. Selling futures for food with water in them after the water in the ocean's and rivers turns to blood for instance or buying time on the Armageddon broadcast.

If you do have a sense of humor about religion you'll enjoy this if not you really won't. This was picked for me by the Librarything algorithm for early reviewers. Not for the first time I wonder what books I have that triggered it.

Recommended!

Note:This book was provided through Librarything's early review program.

No comments: