Friday, October 03, 2008

Matchstick Men: A Novel About Grifters with Issues by Eric Garcia

Matchstick Men: A Novel About Grifters with Issues by Eric Garcia something a little different this time from the author of the Dinosaur Mafia mystery series. It's the story of a con man with OCD who discovers that he has a child from a previous relationship. The plot is basically him dealing with the news which isn't as it seems. The book is quite short without Garcia's wit. I was rather disappointed with the ending its hard to explain my issue without giving it away but let's just say the amount of planning and effort that went into it would make General Eisenhower proud. This is one of Garcia's lesser works. Only for fans of his who need to have everything he's produced. A movie was made from this my understanding is that it's quite good. I haven't watched it myself so I can't say.

Not recommended!

No comments: